Product Analytics (FREE)
On self-managed GitLab, by default this feature is not available. To make it available per project or for your entire instance, ask an administrator to enable the feature flag named
product_analytics. On GitLab.com, this feature is not available. The feature is not ready for production use.
GitLab enables you to go from planning an application to getting feedback. You can use Product Analytics to receive and analyze events sent from your application. This analysis provides observability information and feedback on how people use your product.
View Product Analytics
You can view the event data collected about your applications.
- You must have at least the Reporter role.
To access Product Analytics:
- On the top bar, select Main menu > Projects and find your project.
- On the left sidebar, select Monitor > Product Analytics.
The Product Analytics interface contains:
- An Events tab that shows the recent events and a total count.
- A Graph tab that shows graphs based on events of the last 30 days.
- A Test tab that sends a sample event payload.
- A Setup page containing the code to implement in your application.
While Product Analytics is under development, it's rate-limited to 100 events per minute per project. This limit prevents the events table in the database from growing too quickly.